RAGE is an acronym for Realising an Applied Gaming Ecosystem, an £8m project to develop new tools, components, platforms and technologies for applied games and gamification.
I led the games and applied gaming platform development. I managed the design and development of an API-based gamification engine, three multiplayer games for improving cooperation and teamwork, as well as the project’s marketplace, a single point of access for 45 components and games covering everything from Game Analytics, Avatar Systems, Emotion Detection, Gamification, Language Processing and Personalisation.
My roles in RAGE included :
- Defining and setting ambitious goals for the R&D product teams, that inspired and motivated to deliver significant impact for end-users.
- Building comprehensive design documents and managing and prioritising backlog of epics and user stories to give the team direction and priorities.
- Cultivating a deep understanding how the products created value for end users and keeping track of success drivers.
- Proposing and developing new ideas for the variety of product roadmaps based on insight from users and market research.
- Credibly and confidently managing a multitude of stakeholders and cross-functional teams to aid efficient delivery and communication.
- Leading collaboratively with UX, game design, researchers, educationalists, students and engineering to deliver exciting new components and solutions.
Some of the products I lead and managed the development for in RAGE include :
IT ALERT! : A multiplayer cooperative strategy game for 1 to 4 players with real-time puzzles, hidden and partial information, constant voice communication that requires a high level of coordination between team players to win.
The players assume the role of IT service agents maintaining the integrity of a networked system. A game round consists of players working together to detect, analyse and remove various ‘viruses’ affecting the network in order to ensure the system’s continuing smooth operation. The game is focused on practicing communication and cooperation in an IT-related environment.
SPORTS TEAM MANAGER : A Team Management game combining cutting edge behavioural modelling technology with real world scenarios to prepare the player for handling real sport team management situations.
Players have to put together the optimal sailing team to compete in races. As the manager, they get to choose individual team members based on relationships with others team members, temperament and skills. Game play includes the process of interviewing, hiring, firing and dealing with inevitable requests and conflicts that can occur in real life. Make the best team to win the race!
As well as the game products and the API platform for multiplayer interactions, I also designed the RAGE Game component marketplace.